Jojoba oil benefits for hair and skin: 13 reasons why you should add it to your routine.
What is Jojoba Oil?
The jojoba oil is extracted from the nuts of the Jojoba plant that thrives in the harsh conditions of deserts that could endanger the life of any living organism. The jojoba plant can not only survive in these conditions but also produces a nut that has so many beneficial properties to your hair and skin.
It is now well known and used by people all around the world for its benefits. Here are 13 reasons why you should add it to your routine.
- It has anti-bacterial properties
- It moisturizes: it moisturizes by forming a protective layer on your skin to reduce the hydration loss. It also supplies the skin with essential fatty acids to keep it well moisturized for a long time
- Antioxidant: Jojoba oil contains a natural form of vitamin E that is also known as the most potent natural antioxidant ingredient. It protects your skin from free radicals that might cause serious skin diseases.
- It doesn’t clog your skin pores: it’s so close to the natural oils excreted by the body (Sebum) that it fits perfectly in the skin without causing irritation or clogging its pores.
- It doesn’t irritate the skin as it is hypo-allergic oil suitable for sensitive skin.
- Helps controlling sebum production: as mentioned before, its structure is similar to the skin’s natural oils. So when used , it gives the skin the moist needed so the body sends signal to the sebaceous glands telling them that the skin doesn’t need any more hydration so it doesn’t over produce sebum. This is great for oily skin.
- Stimulates collagen secretion which is essential for skin elasticity and keeps your skin tight ( anti-aging properties )
- It may help speeding up wound healing: as it is rich in antioxidants and stimulates collagen production. It gives the skin a boost to accelerate the healing process.
- Help soothing sunburns: can be used as a form of protection as it is rich in antioxidants and adds moisture to the skin so it protects the skin from dehydration caused by the heat of the sun
- It moisturizes your hair inside out: it has the ability to penetrate the outer cuticle and moisturize the hair from the inside as well from the outside
- Maintains the scalp natural balance as it has a similar structure of the scalp’s naturally secreted oils. So it keeps the scalp well moisturized and balanced
- Stimulate hair growth: as it can clear the scalp from pore clogging substances like dandruff and supply it with hydration, vitamins and essential minerals like zinc.
- It can repair heat damaged hair as it forms a protective layer over the hair strands and supply it with moisture too.
CHECK OUT OUR SESAME SPA NATURAL OILS RANGE THAT ARE COLD PRESSED, 100% PURE AND NATURAL:
Always patch test before you use any product on your skin.
Before using any skin care product, you have to patch test to make sure you are not allergic to it. You can do the patch test as explained here
- On your inner forearm, apply three or four drops of jojoba oil.
- Cover the area with a bandage and wait 24 hours.
- Remove the bandage and check the skin underneath. If there’s no sign of hives, redness, or irritation, you’re good to go.
Check out our Sesame Spa Natural oils collection and feel free to ask us any question we will be glad to answer all your questions:
you can send us an email or whastapp us or just leave a comment